Artificial Intelligence in Cancer - Implementation and EU opportunities
Vitensenteret, Kongens gate 6, Oslo
Thursday 13th October, 09.30 - 13.00.Hybrid livestream available (Sessions from 10.00-12.00 are recorded)
Join us to explore the use of AI in oncology and possible EU opportunities!
We bring together national stakeholders within AI and Cancer to highlight key achievements in Norway and build momentum towards EU R&I collaborations within Horizon Europe, EU4Health and Digital Europe. The event kicks-off a thematic national network on AI and Cancer in relation to the newly established Cancer Mission Hub in Norway. The hub gathers policy makers, patient organisations, citizens, industry, health, and research professionals to engage in the Europe’s beating cancer plan and Mission on Cancer.
Coffee and registration
Welcome to the hub!
Ingrid Stenstadvold Ross, General Secretary, Norwegian Cancer Society
Science and implementation panel: State of the implementation of AI in cancer in Norway
Moderating the scene: a brief overview of the state of play in Norway
Moderator Vibeke Binz Vallevik: Senior Principal Researcher, DNV & member of the “Kunstig intelligens i norsk helsetjeneste” /KIN secretariat and doctoral research fellow on AI in Health at University of Oslo (The role of synthetic data for the validation of AI for healthcare)
AI based prognosis for Cancer patients
Keynote speaker Håvard E. Danielsen, PhD, Professor, Department of Informatics, UiO; Director, Institute for Cancer Genetics and Informatics, Oslo University Hospital; and PI in the DoMore! project. Awarded King Olav Vs Cancer Research Fund's prize 2022 for his ground-breaking research in the field of artificial intelligence.
- Inga Strümke, Researcher at the Dept. of Computer Science, Faculty of Information Technology and Electrical Engineering - NTNU
- Hauke Bartsch Assoc. Professor at UiB and Senior Researcher, Dpt of Radiology - Haukeland University Hospital)
- Ishita Barua, Consulting Manager (Deloitte), MD, PhD candidate.
- Håvard E. Danielsen, Professor, Department of Informatics, UiO; Director, Institute for Cancer Genetics and Informatics, Oslo University Hospital
- Richard Stratford, CEO, NEC OncoImmunity
Policy panel: How can national multidisciplinary initiatives pave the way for European collaborations?
EU AI policy and Implementation within health and care
Evangelia Markidou, Head of Sector - Artificial Intelligence Technology, Deployment and Impact European Commission
Aleksandra Wesolowska, Programme Officer - EU policies CNECT.H3 – eHealth, Well-Being and Ageing, European Commission
- Helga M. Brøgger, MD/Senior advisor, Norwegian Board of Health Supervision
- Ketil Widerberg, General Manager of Oslo Cancer Cluster
- Ole Johan Borge, Department Director Health, Research Council of Norway
- Bjørn Hofman, Professor Centre for Medical Ethics, University of Oslo
Lunch – mingling + speed dating with EU-funding experts
Research Council of Norway, Innovation Norway, the Norwegian Directorate of Health, the Norwegian Digitalisation Agency and others
Stands in the exhibition hall, Vitensenteret
Next steps? Closing discussion, open mic
Takk for nå!
Meldinger ved utskriftstidspunkt 30. november 2023, 05:33 CET